It’s a virus (and malware), Microsoft’s free for personal use (and even partly commercial, provided it is used for its business at home, but not in the shop, business, office, etc…)
The GUI is good, and does not seem a particularly heavy virus. From some initial tests I made, does not seem to be too far-from-optimum detection rates for viruses and Antirio Avast!.
It true, however, that the goodness of a virus is seen in the medium to long term, a virus needs to be constantly and immediately updated, and therefore only time you can assess its effectiveness. I also remember a few years ago when Microsoft bought Giant Antispyware, it was one of the best anti-spyware in circulation, while over the years was then seen as an end of its evolution Windows Defender (as seen from the comparison antispyware 2009 ).
In comparison antivirus 2010 has shown instead that has still some way to be at the level of the best.
Kolev RAW a environment to cooperate with RAW files produceds by digital cameras. Kolev RAW offered advanced RAW data interpolation algorithms, sharpness and noise-reduction filters, colour management, customizable user interface and many other features. Converted RAW files can be saved as TIFF or JPEG images. Almost of all there camera modesl is supported.
- Customizable graphical user interface (GUI) with floating instrumental panes.
- Non-destructive, high-quality processing using floating-point calculations.
- Advanced interpolation with high level of detail extraction.
- Support for almost all camera models (with RGB colour filter array). Cameras with 4-colour or Foveon sensors are not supported.
- Open dialog with preview and EXIF-data indication.
- Saving of images in next formats: TIFF & JPEG.
- Exposure adjustment with Highlights/Shadows indication.
- White Balance: Camera WB, Automatic, Custom adjustment using sliders, Point WB.
- Filters: Sharpness filter, Luminance Noise Reduction, Chrominance Noise Reduction.
- Color-grayscale conversion – using Luminance, R, G or B channel as gray level.
- Contrast & Saturation adjustment.
- Highlights Recovery.
- Image scaling.
- RAW & Output histograms.
- Built in profiles for all supported cameras.
- Image rotation.
- Cropping support.
Project latest target unites famous bioinformatic tools and algorithm in single visual interface can be easyly use by molecular biologists.
UniPro UGENE free visual software solution for DNA and protein sequences analysis.
- Visual and interactive process of analysis
Designer to create computational workflows
- High-quality, publication ready visualization
- Native look-and-feel on Windows, Linux, Solaris, MacOS
Design and extensibilty:
- A script language to create new tasks and GUI elements
- Support for pluggable modules
- Active computational tasks do not block user interface
- Supports 32/64-bit Intel and AMD processors, IBM Cell and Sun Sparc processors
- Customizable algorithms library: for multicore computers, GPU blocks, high performance clusters.
Availability and cooperation:
- Free and open source
- Can be used for education in schools and universities.